6.03.2006

Something in the Water

Rest in peace, Pam, Herbert, Hoover, and Philip Seymour Hoffman. All four inexplicably turned upside-down yesterday, inspiring their foster mother and I to clean the filter and replace some of the water in an attempt to save Cady, Bradley, Shakira, Soy, Orlando Cabrera, and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy O'Nassis. The tank needs another bottom feeder, so keep an eye out for new fishnames this weekend.

Was anyone else distraught that a Canadian nearly won our national spelling bee this week? Apparently, middle-schoolers from English-speaking countries and island have been eligible for years, but this Finola Hackett was the first canuck to make the final round. We don't have our national grammar rodeo in Canada, do we?

It's June, and that can mean several things- kids get out of school, Mark, Pat, and Rob turn 26, and we honor our fathers with neckties and scotch- but most importantly, it's movie season. This year's list won't come out for another three weeks, and I don't want to advertise too much of my unfinished list, but my movie obsession has kicked in and I'm dying to share something. So without further ado, my top ten movies from 1963 to 1976:

1. Dr. Strangelove
2. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
3. The Graduate
4. The Godfather, Part II
5. A Clockwork Orange
6. Wait Until Dark
7. Chinatown
8. 2001: A Space Odyssey
9. Harold and Maude
10. Network

If I added a year on either end, you'd see my #s 3 and 5 movies. I'll save that for another blog.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willy Wonka, really? She turns into a bluesberry - that could never happen!

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the subject of movies, I have a few suggestions:

Imitation of Life (I saw the 1959 version with Lana Turner. Original movie starred Claudette Colbert in 1934.)

Match Point directed by Woody Allen starring Scarlet Johansen.

Junebug - an indy film made in Winston-Salem, NC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home