4.21.2006

celllessness

I know at least seven adults who don't have cell phones- and I don't know how they survive. I left my phone at home this morning (lost between two couch cushions, of course), and I don't know what was more disillusioning- not feeling the comfort of the phone on my right thigh all day (I can't tell you how many times I patted myself down in panic) or sitting in traffic on the way to my oil change with no means of communication to the world outside my car. Sure, I find it sad, even disturbing, that 40% of all drivers on routes 90 and 95 are on the phone at any given time (more like 80% if you're only surveying the right lane), but rarely does a 45-minute ride home from work elapse when I don't make a single call. I'm hooked, and I'm ashamed.

And I broke a wine glass tonight.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Shame shame shame. Not only do I not have a cellphone, but I don't have a home phone either. I don't own a home computer (but I use my work laptop for surfing on my own time). I watch very little t.v. and I don't live in a cave. :-) Well, not a real cave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home