5.23.2007

Additions

Happy birth to Addison Lila Carey. Congratulations to Kristen and Tyler, parents of a second daughter as of this morning.

Addili, if you're reading this years from now (probably on a computer so large and so expensive that you'll have to borrow it from one of the five richest kings in Europe), I apologize that you'll have to share billing with certain lesser events. I've been busy.

Last Thursday, during a UWA Staff Leaders' Conference, I visited PNC Park in Pittsburgh, the ninth major league ballpark I've been inside. Since Olympic Stadium is obsolete, the Dodgers got rained out when I was there (what are the odds?), and the strike prevented me from seeing a game in Toronto, I still have 24 stadiums to go. National League baseball is a sad excuse for a professional sport (the Pirates and Marlins combined for 7 errors and 11 walks), but the park is as gorgeous as advertised.

The previous weekend, Eric and Shayna were married in a near-perfect ceremony on a perfect day in Saratoga. I was honored to hold the new Schroecchione bling, speak briefly at the reception, and grace the new couple with a surprise tap dance. I only made one enemy in the process.

My kickball team, Rick is 21, which I don't think I've mentioned in this space, is still 1-0-1 after a field-scheduling conflict postponed last Thursday's game. I never would have guessed we'd be undefeated going into week four.

My Babe Ruth team, CPort Credit Union, is still 1-1 after a "wet-field" postponement on Sunday. Our entering week four with only one loss is equally miraculous.

That is all.

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your speech at the wedding was great, Stats. Seriously funny stuff. Gee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home