5.14.2005

It Happened One Weekend

The Mrs. and I have kicked up the movie watching in preparation for next week's 2005 QHS Movie 200. This week's films:

The Manchurian Candidate: Chilling; every bit as good as I remembered.
Saved!: Clever and adorable.
Meet the Fockers: Maybe the worst comedy I've ever seen.
The Seven Year Itch: Delightful, almost on a par with The Apartment.
Sex and Lucia: A smart story and a visual masterpiece.
It Happened One Night: Sure, it was 70 years ago, but it might have been made for me. A top ten contender.
The Third Man: What an ending.
Blow Up: I'm 25. I don't want to think that much anymore.
The Searchers: Surprisingly good; I had no idea John Wayne was such a presence.
A Night at the Opera: Was there anything the Marx brothers couldn't do?

Looking at the makeshift coffee table, I see Touch of Evil, Gone with the Wind, Lawrence of Arabia, and The French Connection in the queue for the coming days. I should have three chins and gout by Wednesday.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I second the seven year itch.
"You have such strong forearms."
"Well I used to play badmitten."
Or something to that effect.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger LA said...

You should watch "Man of Marble" a great film on the soul crushing and dehuminizing Soviet backed government in Poland. Plus if you drop a name like that people will think you're wicked smart. Are you a Funion-er? How can the Funion and DYHP benifit eachother?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home