6.08.2006

Miscellany

We named our fish Loretta and Lowell, after two new Red Sox Jill considers indistinguishable, and Otto Sucksworth, the autocat whose job it was to suck the scum from the aquarium. I use the past tense because today we lost three more fish, including Sucksworth and Loretta. We're down to six, and in no rush to replace them. Maybe we'll start fresh at the new house.

Speaking of new houses, this one's looking pretty good, thanks to the long hours one of the owners and I have put in over the past week and change- cleaning, staging, heavy lifting, and gardening- in hope that someone is willing to pay enough that Jill's share constitutes a downpayment on our first place.

It's because of tonight's labor- moving junk to the basement, mulching, laundry, etc. that I'm too tired to tell you everything I want to tell you about Sunday night's Radiohead concert, a gift with which Jill surprised me last week. It was my third show, and while they're starting to feel more like a nostalgia act than The Only Band That Matters, they still put on a hell of a show. Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home