1.15.2005

Overqualified no more

So I have a job. I accepted an offer yesterday for a Staff Accountant position at Bluesocket, a hi-tech wireless solutions firm in Burlington. The position will be similar to my job at the Library, but I will have actual access to the general ledger, and to my knowledge, Bluesocket is in no way affiliated with any religious movement or cult.

I had a lovely evening playing the 90's Edition of Trivial Pursuiut and Facts in Five with Jill, Linda, and Rich last night, and was thoroughly embarrassed despite runaway victories in both games, since I thought I had made up the town of Topsham (turns out I just put it in the wrong state).

Wedding planning hit another snag today, as Jill and I couldn't get to our appointment at the Publick House in Sturbridge on time, after picking up an elliptical trainer and Jill's resized and newly appraised ring. We did, however, have time to watch Doug Brien blow the hapless Jets' chance at one of the great upsets in football playoff history, and we plan on taking in "Sideways" at AMC Chestnut Hill tonight.

Still no takers on my room at 47 School. If I have to say the same thing next Saturday, it might sound more desperate.

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Topsham (pronounced Topsum)in Maine? I hope you enjoy "Sideways" as much as Dad and I did. Thomas Hayden Church was great.
mgo

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Bryan said...

Yes, Topsham is in Maine, just north of Freeport. I insisted it was in Massachusetts. "Sideways" was excellent in every way. And the Eagles and Pats won. Everything's coming up bmoconline.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Million Dollar Baby in theaters yet in Boston?
-cao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home