8.28.2006

Baby Steps

Many thanks to the 22 of you who chose "years of complaining" in my "what will be the result of the O'Connor family move to Portland?" poll. I thought I'd find it funny when half of you picked that one, but I was genuinely offended when it became the most popular answer among any poll I've ever posted. Either 22 of you know me too well, or several of you were so confident in my complaining abilities that you actually voted more than once. Wow.

This weekend brought another step forward in the O'Connors Move to Maine initiative. We found a two-bedroom side-by-side duplex to rent in Portland, five minutes from my office, a mile from Byron's place, and right around the corner from the Great Lost Bear, which I expect to become my regular haunt for the next year or so. We sign a lease tomorrow.

The next step would be the formalization of the offer Jill got on her house last week. If all goes according to plan, there's a Purchase and Sale in our near future and a closing date not to far thereafter. Keep your fingers crossed.

The last step will be Jill finding a job, hopefully in the not-too-distant future. She'll be in Framingham for at least the rest of September, while I go back to fending for myself and hoping to avoid scurvy for another three solo weeks in Maine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home