8.11.2006

I Didn't Have to Use My AK

After a rough one yesterday, today was indeed a very good day. I got a job offer at 10:15, had a counter offer accepted by 10:16, had given my notice at the 'socket by 1, and by mid-afternoon it was in writing. I'll be the Accounting Manager at the Un*ted W*y of Greater Portland on Monday, September 11.

I left work early, had the car washed, made a few calls to potential homebuyers, sent emails to a few potential sublessors, and settled in for Le Charme Desret de la Bourgeoisie. Sufficiently guffawed-out, I saw that the Red Sox had a big lead and the Y*****s a big deficit, so I went out in search of someone with whom to celebrate. The in-laws were out, and Joe wasn't at Marc Anthony's, but I stayed long enough to drink a free High Life courtesy of Buzz, high off his big Keno payout. Now I come home to find a potential room lease in the works, a 9-1 Sox lead in the 8th, and the Angels leading for The Cause, 7-4.

Not a bad Friday. If only I were tipping High Lifes with the wife...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home