2.07.2005

Super

A Super Weekend recap:

Friday- finished the biggest check run of my life, processing a month's worth of A/P in my first week, picked up my laundry, and went to work. Jill and I stripped almost all the wallpaper in the bedroom downstairs, which, despite being much more pliable than the paper in the kitchen, took us through around 2:30 am, when I cleaned up and went to bed and Jill moved back to the spots she had missed in the kitchen, finishing up around 4.

Saturday- got up a few hours after the stripfest, got in Jill's new car, stopped at Home Depot and the bank (I see most Saturday mornings for the rest of my life starting like this), and headed to Queensbury to babysit Lauren while Kris and Ty got some work done and went to a birthday party. Lauren is at an adorable age, when she's happy to see everyone, sleeps through (at least some) nights, and mimics everything anyone says (including suggestive baseball team allegiance conditioning). We all took a delightful two-hour nap and got to bed early.

Sunday- got up at 8, sans alarm (yes, this is 7 hours earlier than I'd normally wake up without an alarm), and caught up with Kristen for a little while before heading back to Framingham. After picking up some Super Bowl party supplies, we went back to work at home. Jill made 227 appetizers and cleaned the house while I stripped the remaining wallpaper and leftover paste, sanded the walls, cleaned the wood, swept the floors, and prepared the first floor to be shown to guests. People started showing up by 6, and by 10 the Pats were still champs and Melisa was $60 richer, thanks to the "4-1" square she'll never forget picking.

Monday- woke up even earlier, orchestrated a mass exodus of cars from the 13 Pond Street driveway, and got to work in 40 minutes, my quickest trip yet. I got my oil changed on my lunch break at Stephen's Motors in Burlington. While I learned that I'll most likely need two new tires very soon, I think I found a mechanic I trust for small repairs, which is a major plus. Tonight is laundry night, which means no home repairs and an early bedtime, if I play my cards right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home