4.01.2005

Fools

Another week and another March are gone, and I have only the following to report:

I'm back in action, basketball-wise, having opened my spring season at Basketball City on Tuesday, and dragged jeff and Brad along. Brad scored the only point in our carpool in an ugly loss, but we showed promise for a bunch of aging goons who have never really played together.

I woke up almost paralyzed on Wednesday and decided to take a sick day. By the time I was able to walk outside, I was happy with my choice, as the first day of spring had arrived. I celebrated by purchasing a new adapter for my laptop and two books from Barnes and Noble, a biography of Stalin and Jim Caple's "The Devil Wears Pinstripes: Steinbrenner, the Satans of Swat, and the Curse of ARod". One is the story of the most evil man in the history of the world, and the other is about a guy who killed 20 million people.

That night, I met up with Victor for a game of pool and rehashing of old times. Victor informed me that when you Google "Victor Slabodchikov," my old 0catch site is the only result. I'll abandon my new no full names policy here in hopes that this entry comes up too.

Thursday was a twelve-hour work day, but I was finally able to cut some checks, which made me a more popular accountant here at the 'socket. By night, Jill and I watched "Collateral," which was no better than it sounds.

Today was not only April Fools' Day (still celebrated by a select clan of Scottish-Italian librarians in western middle eastern Massachusetts), but the 10th anniversary of espn.com, which named Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS the number one game of the last ten years. I was one of the many who didn't see Dave Roberts' steal, Bill Mueller's single, or David Ortiz's home run because I'd given up on the season. I guess I was the fool.

This weekend brings a trip to Queensbury to visit Kristen and family and Eric and Shayna. I'll try to steal Eric's blogspot password and blog about it for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home