2.23.2005

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times

My 25th birthday began in ugly fashion, as I drove 25 miles to work, only to realize that I'd left my laptop at home. I did a little work in the office, then decided to work from home for the rest of the day. After another 25 miles and a half-hour of trouble-shooting with the IT guy, I learned that I can't work from home under the current web connection configuration at 13 Pond. 25 more miles, and I'm standing at work in disbelief. I left my power source and internet cable at home. I borrowed a cable, and had enough power to get me through 4:30ish, when I made a few phone calls and gave up.

A few CD imports later, Jill came home with a wonderful picnic dinner of chicken tenders, various cheeses, breads, olives, and grapes, and a Corona, and all was well. We watched "Delovely," which was delightful, albeit dealittletoolong. I was also cheered up by birthday phone calls from Byron, Linda, Schwenker, Colleen (and Dad), Kristen (and Lauren), and Jason, and birthday emails/cards from Schroeck, Linda and Rich, Mom and Dad, Marge and Burt, and Kate. Thank you all for thinking of me.

By now, Kristen, Tyler, and Lauren should be on their way to Weston, where I look forward to meeting them at Sue and Don's tonight for another birthday dinner. Home repairs and Boston culture are also possibilities if time permits.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Ok, you must have had another time by now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home