2.10.2005

Trophy

I saw the World Series trophy today.
I had my picture taken with the World Series trophy today.
I touched the World Series trophy today.
I might have done inappropriate things to the World Series trophy today. I'm not sure. I got up at 6.

The best part of all: I didn't have to go to New York to do all this. The Bentley Alumni Association sponsored a lecture from Red Sox COO Mike Dee called "The Business of Baseball." Mr. Dee had all the intellingence and charisma I expected out of a Soc exec and more. After an hour of breakfast, networking (read: me talking to Brad), and pictures with the trophy, the keynote speaker talked about the World Series, the changing economics of baseball, and the future of Fenway Park, before opening the floor to questions, which were rewarded with Sox paraphernalia (the best question got 2 invaluable tickets to opening day [ok, they can be valued, probably in the $2,000-5,000 range]). The morning's final prize was a Kevin Millar game-used bat, which was awarded to the person whose name Mike chose at random from a list of attendees. Out of 200+ people in the crowd, he drew his own name first, followed by that of a goofball in a Nomah jersey who had just left the building, another guy who had just left, and finally a lucky winner.

In other news, music importing has resumed, as I bought an external hard drive and a USB hub so that I can store and upload music for the iPod. I also bought a car stereo adapter so that I can listen to the Pod on my way to and from work, so I dusted it off today and rocked out a little after the lecture. Once I find where I packed the cable that hooks it up to my home stereo, I'm back in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home